Sunday, August 19, 2007

Jottum Girl's Clothing


I love this profile about Anky Groothof, Jottom designer. I found this today on www.jottum.com. Maybe I should take a peek in my husband's closet and see what I can of damage I can do..

The designer Anky Groothof

Profile:

I am a mother of 6 children ranging in age from 15 to 28. I am married to actor/theatre producer Frank Groothof. Since my childhood, I have enjoying working with textiles, especially clothing. I have always been fascinated by the fact that by taking something as simple as a piece of fabric and making an item of clothing it is possible to create a complete new world as an extension of your imagination. My father was a furniture maker and when the upholsterer came by to upholster the newly made chairs, he gave me all the remnants that his daughter, the curtain seamstress, had saved for me. And because at the time there was little money to buy what you needed or wanted, I developed a keen eye for the potential of what was available. Like turning my uncle’s old chalk stripe suit into a trendy dress. This proved a fertile breeding ground for developing my creativity. Besides clothing, I’ve also designed costumes for theatre productions, but my true passion lies in making clothing collections for children. Which is what I have been doing for Jottum since 1996.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers